Monday 4 August 2014

Mailbox Monday #9 by Kimmy




Welcome to this weeks Mailbox Monday!

Howdy dowdy folks!

It's Kimmy here today bringing you what I got in my mailbox.  I hope you are all well and had a lovely weekend.  So lets see what I got:

First up

The following book I received from the lovely Clara at Little Brown, Book Group.  This book is due for release on the 2nd September 2014.  I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan and this book reminds me so much of it, I can't wait to get reading it.  So watch this space for my review:

Age of Iron by Angus Watson


Blurb

Bloodthirsty druids and battle-hardened Iron Age warriors collide in the biggest epic fantasy debut release of 2014.

LEGENDS AREN'T BORN. THEY'RE FORGED.

Dug Sealskinner is a down-on-his-luck mercenary travelling south to join up with King Zadar's army. But he keeps rescuing the wrong people. 

First, Spring, a child he finds scavenging on the battlefield, and then Lowa, one of Zadar's most fearsome warriors, who's vowed revenge on the king for her sister's execution. 

Now Dug's on the wrong side of that thousands-strong army he hoped to join ­- and worse, Zadar has bloodthirsty druid magic on his side. All Dug has is his war hammer, one rescued child and one unpredictable, highly-trained warrior with a lust for revenge that's going to get them all killed . . . 

It's a glorious day to die.

Useful Links


Next up

I had entered a competition on Instagram to win a signed copy of Dark Days by Kate Ormand.  This competition was being run by the lovely Kate Ormand herself.  Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to win the competition, however Kate being as awesome as she is, picked extra winners to receive some signed swag.   I was lucky enough to be one of those extra winners!

I have hunted my local bookshops to get a copy of Kate's book Dark Days.  But had no luck.  So I ordered it from Amazon.  I can't wait to receive it and use the bookmark I received.  Seeing Kate had paid attention to me being on holidays etc makes it that much more awesome.  An author who truly appreciates their fans!

Dark Days Swag from Kate Ormand


Blurb

The future world has been divided into sectors--each the same as the other. Surrounded by thick steel fences, there is no way in and no way out. Yet a cyborg army penetrates each sector, picking off its citizens one by one, until no one is left. Behind the sectors' thick walls, the citizens wait to die. Few will be chosen to survive what's coming; the rest will be left behind to suffer. A new world has been created, and its rulers are incredibly selective on who will become a citizen. They want only those with important roles in society to help create a more perfect future. 

Sixteen-year-old Sia lives in one of the sectors as part of a family that is far too ordinary to be picked to live. According to the digital clock that towers high above her sector, she has only fifteen days to live. Sia has seen the reports and knows a horrific death is in store for her, but she is determined to make the most of her final days. Sia refuses to mourn her short life, instead promising herself that she'll stay strong, despite being suffocated by her depressed mother and her frightened best friend. Just when Sia feels more alone than ever, she meets Mace, a mysterious boy. There is something that draws Sia to him, despite his dangerousness, and together, they join a group of rebels and embark on an epic journey to destroy the new world and its machines, and to put an end to the slaughter of innocent people.



Useful Links

Anyways, that is all for this mailbox monday, I hope you enjoyed what you have seen.  What was in your mailbox this Monday?

Let us know in the comment section below!

No comments: